Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 03.04.2021, 08:58 AM   #1537
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Maybe this will help you put situation into perspective: in Slovakia we have the highest amount of covid-related deaths per inhabitant in the whole world.

so I guess you guys have to be doing something right.

while our prime minister did a huge press conference behind a cargo plane with Russian Sputnik vaccines that he order despite his agreement with all other government parties. A total ultra-moron.

I hear you. I don't want this to be a contest. A tragedy is a tragedy. And I'm sorry to hear Slovakia is hit that hard.

I think it's mostly down to the comprehensive healthcare system and the general wealth of Austria that there aren't more deaths than there are right now. However, according to recent studies, 7% of last year's deaths in Austria were caused by Covid. That's a significant percentage still. The fact that other countries are doing worse is a massive tragedy, really.

Yeah, I think that a lot of governments are royally fucking up right now. The reason I concentrate on Austria is because I feel most qualified to talk about it. Also, there have been some major fuckups here. Like a ski-region in the Tyrol being a major motor in the increase of infections all across Europe in the beginning.

It's also driving a wedge between relationships. I see a lot of people drifting off towards theories and behavior that I consider to be quite dangerous. At first it seemed merely fringe. But now, if only on a micro-scale, it impacts friends, acquaintances, etc. Pair that with maskless alt-right/borderline Nazi-protests that are downright ignored by the authorities despite being illegal, and we have a situation that is really disheartening right now.

Probably no news to anyone, because such things happen on a global scale. Washington D.C. being one of the more extreme examples. I'm simply reporting what it feels like in Austria right now.

But yeah, it's a shitshow all around. And I'm aware there are places that are hit much harder. I just hope that there will be some relief in the near future.

Hope you and your family are doing okay right now.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|