View Single Post
Old 10.30.2008, 09:51 PM   #44
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
I love Wolf Eyes, but again, I don't see it. I just said the Skaters because that music seriously shoots you into outer space, takes you out of your body, and that's what good noise should do.

I read a review of the Skaters in Blastitude that said they were the honest heirs to Sun Ra because they're creating music to blast us into the outer galazxy to escape the horrors of the Earth, and they're better at it than Sun Ra because they didn't decide to go into a "Big Band" phase to gloss over thier music to bring lame people along for the ride. Hell no, if you are going to listen to the Skaters, you can't be thinking it's going to be a serene experience, but no, as with other things that connect you to the cosmos (like acid) it can sometime be a very difficuilt experience, but ultimately highly rewarding.

Stop pretending that you love music and start enjoying it. You secretly hate most of it, therefore make it sound boring when you have to write about it. You should be made to hate all of it for one day and then understand ''things''. Also, you have no durable place in the world of writing, 'cause you're writing is shit, etilist, pointless, and ultimately yawnsome for anyone who would like to get into any of the artists I'm sure you don't even listen to properly yourself.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|