View Single Post
Old 04.03.2008, 07:12 AM   #33
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Who makes you laugh?

Seeing as some people are great at writing comedy but shit at stand-up (Ricky Gervais) and some are great as TV hosts but shit at stand-up (Bill Maher, Jonathan Ross), try and explain why.

Standups

Bill Hicks - The archetype of beauty and ugliness fused
Sean Lock - "The middle-class bloke on the building site" as he calls himself
Chris Rock - I dont know what its like being a black american, but hes way better than Obama.
Jerry Sadowitz - A Scottish Charles Manson with better card tricks than David Blaine and venom coming from both nostrils.

Writing

Stewart Lee - Who wrote Jerry Springer the opera, but mostly for Lee and Herring on British TV in the 1990s on which he was the principle.

Jerry Springer The Opera was co-written with Richard Thomas, who, while being a musician, happens to have contributed greatly to how funny that show was.
He also played in a glitchcore thing called Hairy Butter that were truly awful and I'm sure he is still ashamed of that. When I first heard of Lee's involvement in ''Jerry Springer The Opera ''I thought that it was an unnecessary target to choose, until I watched it and enjoyed it a lot. I still have a ''crack whore'' badge.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|