View Single Post
Old 03.08.2017, 10:26 AM   #309
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
This is def a slow year, or first quarter tho. We got spoiled for a while.

Truth.

Last year was just a what-the-fuckathon for hip-hop fans of all stripes. I mean, seriously, think about it, no matter what you were into, there was shit for you in 2016.

• Drake bitches, fools and boring white people had Views.
• Southern rap fiends had an endless supply of new shit from everyone from Kevin Gates to Lil Yachty to, like, three fucking albums from Young Thug (culminating in what's easily his best, even if I'm still not on board (JEFFERY).
• If you're into Future, he dropped an album like two months after his last album.
• If you're into backpack-and-a-Benz shit, Chance was ERRRRVERYWHERE. Unfortunately I really don't like Coloring Book as much as Acid Rap, but whatever.
• People who hate modern hip-hop, or just love '90s hip-hop, got new album by Common that also happens to be his best in years. Not to mention a motherfucking brand new certified classic from the genre's most influential group after 18 years of silence (Tribe).

• And for folks like me (and I think also you and louder), who want more than just solid beats, or technical bombast, and who appreciate the value of erasing genre boundaries and doing novel, challenging shit, there was of course The Life of Pablo, as well as untitled unmastered., and Blond(e). We Got it From Here... probably fits into this category as well, really, but it's more traditional than the rest.

I'm not really sure how anyone expected we'd bounce back from that. Not easily. It was like, we flew too close to the sun, the lot of us, and now we're walking around with singed feathers and sunburns, and everything feels kind of suckass.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|