View Single Post
Old 07.09.2016, 12:14 PM   #12
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I dreaded the Astros move to the American League. I was a NL Central Die-Hard, thoroughly enjoying the rivalry the Astros had with the Cardnials. However, when I first became an Astros fan in the late 70's / early 80's, the Astros were a staple of the NL West and staying up late to watch the ends of games between the Dodger and Giants were a way of life that oftentimes got me in trouble : ) So, I'm now enjoying life in the ALWest and so far, it hasn't been that tough.

I've had an eye on your M's ever since the Astros traded King Felix and a boatload of other players for Randy Johnson. I love the fact that most of the M's coaching staff are ex-Astros:

Scott Servais - Head Coach
Tim Bogar - Bench Coach
Casey Candele - First Base Coach
Mike Hspton (nails) - Pitching Coach

The Astros now have three players with at least 50 RBI before the All-Star Break:
Correa 54
Springer 51
Altuve 50 (lead off first 6-7 weeks of season)

Last time Astros had three players with 50+ RBI's at the All-Star Break was 2003:

Lance Berkman 59
Richard Hildalgo 50
Jeff Kent 50

Well, the M's were just swept clean by the Astros yet again. Put up a good fight — after a time — on the 7th, once we snagged those 4 runs. But it's clear that the stars were not aligning for the M's, and the Astros just plain cleaned their clock.

I'm thinking we need to lose Lind, unfortunately. Hard data aside, he's still having a hard time not screwing up perfect, gift wrapped pitches right down the middle. If a hitter can't hit a beautiful pitch, it doesn't matter how fast his swing is, or how what his connection rate is.

I kinda hate that cold blooded "take him out back and put him out of his misery" approach to ball analysis that a lot of writers use, but if the guy keeps this up he's gotta go.

On to Kansas City.

Astros are looking good man.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|