View Single Post
Old 03.05.2013, 07:39 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by radarmaker
I'm not sure what offends me more about this list: the depressing predictability of most of it; the mind-boggling incomprehensibility of the rest of it, or the frankly staggering omissions both too numerous and blindingly obvious to list
I disagree. While a lot of those bands at the top of the list evolved into mainstream, they didn't necessarily start that way, and realistically, isn't part of the definition of influence inherently include scale and range of audience? A larger band is naturally going to have more influence than an obscure local pub band. So if we want to be snobs, we could name a list of 50 of our personal favorite indie bands that nobody else has ever heard of, but how does that fit into "Most-Influential"

I'd say just about every band on that list between 35-1 had a major influence on thousands of garage and pub bands. That being said, is the list perfect? Hardly. Is it relatively inclusive do those bands who have had the biggest influence? I'd say yes.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|