View Single Post
Old 06.23.2006, 02:21 AM   #4
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
im actually suprised this band is mentioned a bit more than they are.

i mean, as far as im concerned, historically, they are ALMOST of equal importance of the stooges.

i do love the dolls, id be a liar if i said i didnt like johnny thunders solo stuff better though...."so alone" freakin' amazing album.

I adore Johnny Thunders, and that's something that I can only honestly say about a select few musicians. His guitar playing conveys more emotion than Eric Clapton could ever dream of. It's too bad he didn't make any other solo albums of the same caliber as So Alone (yet, I still treasure all of the recordings of his that I have). There is not one bad song on that record. A few years ago I read Nina Antonia's Thunders biography In Cold Blood, and on the back cover of the book there is this great Morrissey quote: "The New York Dolls ruined my education." I don't know if they ruined mine completely, but to a 14-year-old kid they could be a pretty big distraction. I guess you could say they were the first band associated with the punk rock scene that I ever listened to. Before them, I didn't even listen to the Ramones. The Dolls really did it for me. My whole interest in that music scene really boils down to them, the Stooges, and Richard Hell. I honestly don't know what I would be like without them.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|