Thread: Girls Rock! DC
View Single Post
Old 08.18.2009, 10:12 AM   #142
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
the men are just as much so "sex objects" half the time as the women. again, thats called human nature. men like things that are pretty...women do, too. and again, yr typical 15 year old boy probally NATURALLY has more interest in playing guitar and starting a band than a girl. girls are typically concerning themselves with other things...things theyve been concerning themselves with since perhaps the beginning of time. this is NOT a bad thing, its just the way things are....and even this still...is CHANGING. women wear pants now, and its ok. in the early days of the blues, WOMEN were by far the most popular. its a cycle. it has nothing to do with sexism.

yes, there are a few idiots out there that are more interested in courtney's tits than they are her music. basically, i think thats ok. do i think that way personally? NO...i do not. but also, i dont disregard human nature. should i feel bad for having a hard-on because i find some chica up on a stage somewhere sexy? no...and to think that i should is WRONG and it is DIRTY.

go stick yr face in bowie's crotch. i thought you were staying the fuck out of this thread, anyways?

clearly, you don't understand or even care to entertain the difference between SEX and GENDER...to assume that men NATURALLY are more interested in guitar is just...well...ignorant/naive/close-minded/uneducated.....the point of girls rock camp is that girls are usually conditioned to feel less comfortable on stage...it's GREAT that there are girls here who were not uncomfortable (seriously!), but that doesn't contradict my point AT ALL because if you look at the statistics...

and i've already addressed this - men are RARELY objectified in the same way or to the same extent as woman on stage...in "indie" rock esp there are a lot of not-so-handsome men but woman are ALWAYS sex objects...in fact, i can think of very few women in rock and roll who HAVEN'T been presented that way

but once again, you clearly have absolutely no desire to entertain anything that might threaten your male privilege. you might think i'm a fema-nazi for saying that but whatever. do/think whatever you want - hopefully it won't involve telling girls in real life some of what you have told me "as a joke" (in this case, jokes are obviously covering up for some obvious real aggression...and i seriously pray that you do not act this way offline) if i'm a fema-nazi for not thinking it's appropriate to make some of the references and "jokes "that have been stated on this forum....well so be it. i understand that this is the internet and yada yada but i still don't think that it's okay to behave as you and other people have been. i'm also positive that if the members of sonic youth were to read this, they would be horribly ashamed of this online "community."

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|