View Single Post
Old 03.30.2015, 01:44 PM   #18696
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
comparing to hendrix in that show, hendrix is a better guitarist but his musicians are acolytes in the background, whereas santana is a collective clusterfuck that just blows everyone to pieces.

Its just cuz the sound guy was shit and the mix down overly focused on Jimi.. Larry Lee actually played some great guitar on that but they muted it on the soundboard recordings however when you listen carefully he is there consistently. Indeed i always found it odd that Jimi didn't decide to keep a secon guitar player because i.always felt like Woodstock is Hendrix's best performance precisely because he had a rhythm guitar player to jam with. Its not even a cliche, i have dozens of Hendrix live recordings and his lead work is possibly the most creative and explorative in that performance and i always felt like it was cuz of Larry Lee being there. Also, they purposely cut out Juma's bongos because well, dude was going a bit too off on them.. Billy Cox on bass is holding it down like Noel never could, i always preferred Billy to Noel

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|