Thread: shoegaze
View Single Post
Old 02.29.2012, 09:01 PM   #66
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
Spiritualized fits in well with shoegaze, though they're not really (I don't think).

Very different creature than Spacemen 3. But I like them even more and they're one of my absolute top favorite bands ever!!

If you haven't heard them, Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space is their classic. A shoegaze fan might do better to start out with Pure Phase and Laser Guided Melodies. Their 00's output was great, but not in a ground breaking way. Just great rock n' roll.

I mean, if you like the Velvets, JAMC and shoegaze, odds are you'll like Spiritualized.

Spiritualized is the best band that's been mentioned in this thread, but they're not really shoegaze. Not in the slowdive/ride/mbv sense. I always myself when I categorize music so specifically, and actually debate with people about it. It makes me feel like a walking stereotype. But Spritualized I think is closer to "space-rock", whatever the fuck that means.

I guess the major difference is cosmetic. Spiritualized doesn't bring "shoegazing" to mind, but rather star-gazing. ... in black-and-white with sunglasses on.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|