View Single Post
Old 09.04.2008, 06:38 PM   #299
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
The developments at Manchester City are intriguing; for the first time since I have followed their progress, they are going to win things, but I'm not sure I'll enjoy it.

This time, it's not hard to find apparent evidence to back up the claims against the club's owners, so I have to look at not supporting the club for the time being, which won't be nice. It seems that Abu Dhabi is far more acceptable than some other nations in the area, but that in itself isn't good enough.

Even if the current owners were to sell in a few years to someone thoroughly decent, the success that we ('we' being in the past, probably) have will have been founded on Abu Dhabi rulers' money, so it will be hard to fully support them again.

What can I do to protest though? Write to the Premier League concerning the fit and proper person test? Write to Manchester City? Take City players out of my fantasy team? Basically, those fans who care about dodginess are powerless to do much.

Oh well.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|