View Single Post
Old 04.12.2009, 07:55 AM   #21
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
The war part of it just felt like every other Vietnam movie ever.

Not so sure about that. But if you say so. I'm just going to say, the final shot is so haunting and eery with Joker hiding his peace symbol while killing the sniper... also... with the soldiers marching together, and happily singing the Mickey Mouse Club song... they've all been "turned" into soldiers... the fact that they are singing such a sweet, happy, innocent song and the fact that a common, good-natured person like you or me can be turned into a hardened soldier.. yeah... wars and armies can strip a person of his or her individuality. Kind of a cliché point but very well-played. The first half is an interesting story with lots of quotable dialogue and is easy to watch but the second half is way more interesting and powerful, to me. Either way, why separate them. Both halves together = great film.

I will say, for someone named "Joker", that dude isn't very funny.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|