View Single Post
Old 12.01.2010, 12:33 PM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
It doesn't. King of the Hill is amazing, probably the most consistently great long running show ever. 13 seasons and not a dull moment. A work of true genius.

I mean, if you compare it to Family Guy, American Dad.. well, you can't. Those shows are horrible. Compare it to even the Simpsons -- which, while not as bad as most people would try to convince you it is, only had probably 8 GREAT seasons. Even shows like Ren and Stimpy had 1 good season, MAYBE 2. I'm not even going to mention South Park, which is lame as hell. "Let's take one unfunny simple obvious joke and stretch it for 20 minutes."

And to think of King of the Hill, with 13 great seasons. It just blows my mind. They never betrayed their convictions, never dumbed down their plots and characters for the average viewer. When I was younger, I thought the show was boring.. too dry. Now that I've actually went out and lived my life, met the kinds of people that frequent the KOTH world, I see the show as a true work of art.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|