View Single Post
Old 09.02.2008, 12:07 PM   #26
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Before people started treating soundtrack albums merely as hip compilations of cool singles there were some great ones that could be treated as albums in their own right. Bernard Hermann's score for Taxi Driver is an obvious example of this. Anyone think of any more?

Hermann's work on Psycho is monumental; hard to imagine the movie without it. His score and the soundtrack for Taxi Driver is sorta meh.

How can you guys forget Howard Shore & Ornette Coleman for Naked Lunch?
And heck, I like Peter Gabriel's Passion: Music For The Last Temptation of Christ even moreso.
Oh, and I strongly emphasize a "shame on you" message for no mention of John Williams. Wait, someone said Jaws, oops. I'm sure Wendy Carlos will make an appearance; he/she/it always does.

Agree with the Lynch catch-all. Probably add Tarantino to that short list too.

Other notables include 2001, Saturday Night Fever, The Harder They Come, Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid, The Graduate, The Godfather, Grease, Xanadu, Purple Rain, Home of the Brave, Roger & Me, Stop Making Sense, A Hard Day's Night, Help!, and Rocky Horror. Full Metal Jacket has a nice soundtrack, but it works so great with the scenes, I'd rather watch the movie than just listen to the audio recording.

In recent fare, I like the soundtrack to The Departed.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|