View Single Post
Old 08.20.2008, 08:35 PM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

ATARI TEENAGE RIOT "BURN BERLIN BURN"
DHR, 1997

Even though I don't listen to it that much anymore, I wore this band out when I was in middle school and they were one of the first bands I heard that made me go, "wow." For that reason alone, I feel I must make a classics album post to them... Though this album sounds a bit dated now thanks to all the ATR imitators that came after this (which is actually a collection of most of the best tracks from Future of War and Delete Yourself), it was ahead of its time when it came out, and it still sounds as intense and ridiculously awesome as ever. Mixing elements of punk, rock, jungle, techno, noise, gabber, even riot grrl, this album is endlessly fascinating even if it's hard to take seriously at times. But maybe that was the point.

PS:

"ATARI! TEENAGE! RIOT!"

"GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"1, 2, 3, 4!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"ATR!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|