View Single Post
Old 02.29.2008, 07:15 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
ddn was the first sonic youth alblum i ever bought, at the time i was a 16 year old pothead skate rat who would only listen to hardcore punk and gangsta hip hop. sonic youth and ddn nation is a perfect introductory record, because it allowed me to enter into the worlds of indie rock, noise/noiserock, early new york, punk, no wave, avant garde, etc.., not only through the music but also because of the fact that the members of the youth, thurston particularly, champion so much music, all of which is good, this isnt my favorite alblum, my fave sy alblum (that would be evol and badmoonrising) but this alblum pretty much had a lot to do with me developing a more broad and eclectic and all around better tastes in music (note: i still worship hardcore and hip hop too). anyways, because it was the first youth record i bought, i chuckled yesterday when i realized how many copies ive had of it through the years:

three cd's
one cassete
one record
the deluxe reissue

anyone else have a lot of copies of this or anyother sy records?
anyone else bought this alblum many times

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|