View Single Post
Old 02.09.2007, 02:03 PM   #49
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I have seen Bardo Pond about 20 times, and not one was less than stellar. I honestly think they are one of the top live rock bands in the USA, along with Kinski and Comets On Fire.

Inconsistency is one thing, and I can acknowledge that in a band, especially if they improvise a lot. NNCK falls into this category for me; I have seen them be both fantastic and mediocre, and I know it's a gamble going in. A gamble where I like my chances, but a gamble nonetheless.
However, to claim that inconsistency is somehow "what makes a band great" because it's "sincere" is not going to fly with me. You can be a sincere as you possibly can and still put on a lousy live show.

I might be biased because I love them so but the 4 times I have seen NNCK they were totally ace each time. The 'worst' was probably in the Volksbuhne (sp?) in Berlin but mainly because it's a big, seated theatre and not as intimate as the other occaisions I have seen them. They did get to wig out on a Steinway grand piano that time though.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|