View Single Post
Old 02.09.2007, 01:49 PM   #42
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I have seen Bardo Pond about 20 times, and not one was less than stellar. I honestly think they are one of the top live rock bands in the USA, along with Kinski and Comets On Fire.

Inconsistency is one thing, and I can acknowledge that in a band, especially if they improvise a lot. NNCK falls into this category for me; I have seen them be both fantastic and mediocre, and I know it's a gamble going in. A gamble where I like my chances, but a gamble nonetheless.
However, to claim that inconsistency is somehow "what makes a band great" because it's "sincere" is not going to fly with me. You can be a sincere as you possibly can and still put on a lousy live show.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|