View Single Post
Old 01.10.2018, 11:30 AM   #55
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
hehehe NME´s looking forward to list. http://www.nme.com/photos/music-phot...leases-2160449

is new Interpol record something to look forward to? I do not think so. it is coming out though.

Whoah, What a shit list! I’m as down with Spiritualized and MBV as the next guy, but surely they don’t represent the apex of musical excitement in 2018. And, Jesus, Interpol? The Prodigy? Arctic Monkeys? Is it suddenly 2008 again?

Fucking depressing.

Quote:
off the topic. man what is the story with Lana´s Del Rey lawsuit? did not know that. this lawsuit is the most stoopid thing since The Verve lost the rights to Better Sweet Symphony (even though that one is def. more successful then Get Free).

That “Bittersweet Synphony” thing always wakes my brain. I swear reading back when the Stones first sued that the iconic strings were actually not the sample in question, but that it was something much smaller, like a triangle flourish or something. I don’t know now. Someone convinced me I was remembering things incorrectly last year, and now I don’t know what to say because I don’t care enough to look it up or to listen to whatever Stones live album the offending sample comes from.

Aaaanyway, I guess Radiohead isn' suing Lana Del Rey now... or at least that’s what their publicist says? I dunno. That song definitely steals the entire chord structure and melody from the “Creep” verse though. It really does. But Thom Yorke & Co. don’t seem like band to stress over such things. Otherwise, wouldn’t they have sued Coldplay and Muse like nine times by now?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|