View Single Post
Old 12.17.2014, 07:05 PM   #18355
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Reservoir Dogs was a 'true' indie movie but Miramax was bought out by Disney straight afterwards so if we're being pedantic everything Tarantino did after that wasn't.

sure, but the weinsteins kept running miramax until 2005 and they had a lot of freedom to run it mostly as they saw fit. see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miramax#Disney_era

i'm not saying a lot wasn't destroyed though, but i believe tarantino did pretty much whatever the fuck he wanted.

Quote:
Ultimately though my point was just that the indie thing now refers more to a style than to a production model.

that is true in the popular vocabulary, but that language mutation doesn't make an economic reality disappear. just like the current use of "sarcasm" for "tongue in cheek" hasn't ended the art of insulting with irony.

Quote:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has better indie credentials than a movie like, say, Sideways yet I reckon that when most people think about indie movies, they're more likely to think of something like Sideways.

ha ha ha-- too true.

i wonder if cassavetes is turning in his grave
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|