View Single Post
Old 10.23.2013, 11:24 AM   #13
dzjupp
empty page

dzjupp has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
You know, I totally agree with you here. Some of his stuff is not as dominant on the recordings, but he plays his role in this band so damn well, and it truly shines in the live setting. Truly an awesomely complimentary player with Steve's style. It is nice to see someone else notice it, because throughout the whole show I found myself often gravitating towards the bass player and Steve, watching their non-verbal communication, and really getting off on what they were laying down together. Saw several smiles between the two as well during the set.

Overall, this group just seems to be a great outlet for Lee's expression while maintaining a high enjoyment level for all involved. Really a nice act to see. I just hope I soon get a chance to see a headlining set and not just an opener one (although they did get a decent amount of playtime and good sound mix).

that is exactly what i thought. it was unique in the sense that steve and tim locked in together, and when tim did go off on some wicked riff (which was often but never tiring) he was always locked into steve's groove. its something you can't really notice on the albums, but live, they are so much of a better 'band'. and yes, all smiles the night i saw them. it was a very cool show, they have their own vibe which really works great live. Lee's main focus to me that night was putting the songs in the front and then playing off of that theory.
dzjupp is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|