Thread: Lou Reed RIP
View Single Post
Old 11.14.2013, 11:04 PM   #61
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I do not yet feel that I am emotionally ready to address this issue. It stings, burns, and itches, knowing that Lou Reed is no longer among the living. It hurts physically, which tells me that I am not capable of distancing myself from the man/myth/legend (or anti-all of those things) and his music, enough to write anything that won't seem laughably self-indulgent and inappropriate in retrospect.

I imagine this is how the world will feel when Dylan goes.

Hopefully with time, sentiment will give way to a more objective tale on Lou Reed, and the grief I feel over his passing. Until then, I'm going to keep my mouth shut about it. Except for this little pop-in right here, to let no one know that I give a shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|