View Single Post
Old 11.06.2009, 09:39 AM   #23
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Adam, totally agree.

"Sympathy" is in my opinion one of their most perfect tracks. And as it's often compared to "The Diamond Sea," I almost think it's an even more perfect epic closer. It feels like tiny waves crashing and building into a beautiful monsoon. And the organ! And the drums! And the OMG Kim can still sound sooo seductive with her vox when she wants to! And the words!

It's funny, I love every song on MS. Like I said it's my favorite album of the 00's. But once "Sympathy" ends it's like... it's like every other song is SIDE 1 and side 1 is perfect, but "Sympathy" is SIDE 2 all its own. It's an amazing entity by itself that weighs just as much sonically as everything that preceeds it on the record.