Thread: Parents.
View Single Post
Old 12.20.2006, 09:34 AM   #60
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Woah Alex, I'm sorry man. That shit happened to me before; my Mom read my diary in junior high which ultimately ended up landing me in forced counseling and the fucking clinic! I went from running away, and being kicked out, to having my own apartment as a senior in highschool.

I think you are right, there is a definite line between a good loving parent and a nosy control freak. And from things you have mentioned before I think your parents go overboard. If it is any concellation though, know that they are doing this shit to you becuz they CARE about you and LOVE you! Seriously.

Now, having said that, this is the kind of crap that scares me now that I am a mama. I don't want anything bad to ever happen to my babies. I will do everything I can to teach them right and to protect them. I would die for them. If I thought by 'invading' their privacy I could save them from something bad, I might...

Aaaahhh! I don't know! Now you have me thinking too much...

I hope that I am able to have an open, loving relationship with them to where they know they can tell me anything and everything so that nothing comes as a surprise.
Thanks, Kegmama. It is good to have another Mom's perspective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
grr, am really sorry for this.
maybe the "oh yeah" issue, maybe she wants to find out? but the threating part of her statement, is what dont understand..
what did you say to her?
guess now that you are "protected", you wont confront more with her.

(even in best parent-children relationships, they should know that their kids dont tell them everything).
She had read a myspace message of mine in which I was talking about vocabulary words for my English class. And I had said something where I used a vocabulary word (I think it was corroboration), and she said "You're giving little English lessons online..." (something like that). I was confused and then she told me about what she did. I said, "Are you serious?" and she replied "Well, you left it logged in, but don't think we don't know about programs that record everything you do." It was pretty stupid.
Alex's Trip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|