View Single Post
Old 04.21.2012, 04:24 PM   #15586
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

There's a lot of love for Herzog's version here I think. I sort of like them equally but in very different ways. Watching them back to back I was thinking how great it'd be if Bad Lieutenant became a kind of standard, being constantly re-imagined by other quite maverick filmmakers. I'd love to see a Lars Von Trier Bad Lieutenant, or a Tarantino one or a Michaerl Mann one. It could be the same with actors, after Harvey Keitel and Cage, imagine a whole sequence of films with the lieutenant played by the likes of Steve Buscemi, Christian Bale, etc. All putting their slant on it. Like a cool Bond franchise.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|