View Single Post
Old 04.21.2012, 11:21 AM   #15584
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Godard bores me silly and I've never learned anything from his films, nor have I had too many moments of aesthetic bliss while watching them.

With so many flicks, though, there are some exceptions. I do enjoy, say, 5 of his movies.

Sorry to be nasty. I just feel some embarassment at my younger self for actually taking this crap seriously.

Now, this is a fucking great movie:

Bobcat Goldthwait kicks the shit out of Godard.

It's weird that I can disagree completely with you on Godard, yet completely understand exactly where you're coming from as far as your claims of feeling, "embarassment at my younger self for actually taking this crap seriously".

I find Godard to be one of the most inspiring/educational cats you can possibly watch as a film buff/someone working in the industry. To me, his work showcases a multitude of unique approaches to framing, sound design, and editing. His plots may (possibly too often) get a little lost along the way, but I've never once been watching a Godard film and thought, "MY LORD! HOW MUCH LONGER IS THIS DRECK!?!"

Your perspective is understandable though. I'm constantly rolling my eyes at how much acclaim many works of 'art' that I find dull, or pretentious can receive. It feels gross, and I certainly respect entertainment over art, any day.

Also your image is broken. I can't see what Goldthwait film you're talking about.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|