View Single Post
Old 03.25.2016, 06:33 PM   #1238
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Yeah she's cool. And we know you love her

Personally I don't think anything prior to 1989 was very interesting or even catchy. But "Bad Blood" gets stuck in my head frequently, and it's not an unpleasant feeling. Same goes for "Out of the Woods," and to a lesser degree "Shake it off." But "Blank Space" puzzles me. I remember hearing that on the radio when 1989 first dropped, but I didn't think it was Taylor Swift. The thought never crossed my mind. In fact I was pretty sure it was that "all about that bass" chick, because it was so goddamn hokey and generic sounding.

I'm not a fan, and I kind of loathe her for being a rich kid to begin with, and an Abercrombie model at that, who had all kinds of industry connections and a family that was willing to move around the country so she could do whatever. Also, when I heard that her brother "Austin" posted a video of himself throwing his Yeezy boots in the garbage after "Famous," I thought ... ughhh... Of COURSE Taylor Swift has a brother named Austin, and of course he can afford to throw away Yeezy boots even though he's 21. Everyone I've ever met named Austin is a fucking asshole. It's one of those names that doesn't age past 25, and only really works in California, for surfing instructors and various other types of human shit.

I also hate that people treat her like she's John Lennon just because she writes (some of) her own lyrics and can strum a guitar. I've heard people argue that she's better than Beyoncé and Rihanna simply because she writes lyrics. That's insane. Her lyrics are not what's appealing about her music. They're ludicrously simplistic. Beyoncé could were that shit if she wanted to. She'd rather have a better song.

But sill, Taylor is an acceptable role model and she tries to be fair and classy. She gets a bit too much credit for it though. Beyoncé tries to be fair and classy and polite too, and she didn't win album of the year. Maybe she should have learned the most basic guitar chords and strummed them a few times.

meh. that's a mouth full of taylor swift and fuck you? really? she's ok. but she's pop. perfect for your popism gullible mind.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|