View Single Post
Old 10.01.2007, 10:17 PM   #14
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i don't agree with that.

if songs were all there was to music then most jazz would not fit in, amazing works by ornette coleman or alice coltrane or derek bailey or kaoru abe wouldn't be deemed valuable because they don't have verses and choruses?

not to mention improvisational music.

BUT i do agree in that noise should be an enjoyable listening experience (or a punishing listening experience or a soothing listening experience), that it shouldn't be wanking for the sake of wanking just as guitar solos shouldn't be. there's plenty of people doing that, even when improvising, that take you on a journey and every note and texture counts even if it's not a standard song format.

hey, i love songs, i love cheap trick; but i also like someone like masonna who just let's it rip and these pieces become something else, an entire different musical experience.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|