View Single Post
Old 10.27.2017, 11:44 AM   #21794
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_

this movie was on TV last week, actually only saw the last half of it but I liked it a lot. Yes it's outdated (it's from 1971), but amazingly enough, the animations seemed to be less so than the actual actors. And it stars Angela Lansbury, which was the reason that I didn't watch it completely. But she turned out quite alright as well.

Man, I watched this film so many times when I was a kid.

Quote:
i meant to ask this a long time ago but—really, overrated? or more like— has it been absorbed so much into the language of film and the culture it’s hard to see it anymore for what it was?

Nope. Overrated.

400 Blows is good, I'll give you that. However that's the exception for me. I don't find the stories he chooses/writes interesting. For me, both Truffaut and Godard's total love for American films, gangster films especially, just come across as poor imitations. Whether it be Shoot The Piano Player by Truffaut or Alphaville (shudder) by Godard I watch them and think "Nah, I'd rather watch any other American noir"

Don't me wrong there are interesting moments in Jules et Jim. The montage of real WWI footage being the highlight for me. However, too much just bores me.

There's a difference between characters you don't like and characters that don't interest you. For the characters in Jules et Jim it's very much the latter.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|