View Single Post
Old 06.12.2007, 04:17 AM   #21
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I can't separate Amy Whinehouse the public persona from Amy Whinehouse the musician, I'm afraid. "Rehab" is very catchy in a retro-swing kind of way, but Ms Whinehouse is a severe irritant whose personality negates any musical talent she may have. Oh, and she has a face like a very ugly horse.

OT - Only three posts to go to 4000, Nicfit. I hope your party will be as good as Screamingskull's.
Dunno, maybe here in Italy things are a bit different gossip-wise ( I don't think you see her pictures in gossip magazines and such), she could be much more overexposed in uk or usa, but the point is, saying her personality negates any talent is just wrong. And here I'm not talkin' specifically about Amy Winehouse (or is it Whine?), I speak on a general level. Kubrick surely wasn't a sweety pie (), does this lessen his value as a director? Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing them/their outputs, but I think that as long as I don't have to "deal" with an artist in person I don't care much about his/her human qualities/personality. After all, as I said before, what we "get" is just their marketed image most of the times.

OT bis : I should start setting up a place to party, uh?
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|