View Single Post
Old 01.22.2011, 01:09 PM   #17
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I've heard before he almost left the band because he wanted "genetic" on Dirty and Thurston wouldn't allow it. Is that true? I still haven't gotten around to reading Goodbye 20th Century, isn't the story in there? I am very curious about this, especially since Genetic is better than any song on that album...

yeah supposedly(lets test my memory) he wanted genetic on there but they already had too many songs and they weren't super into genetic cause lee pretty much brought it in complete without the sonic youth method of working songs up together from little riff ideas and then arranging them into songs after weeks/months of jamming on them(i know thurston pretty much brought in complete songs for murray street, but anyways...) and i think also that thurston was a little uncomfortable or he wasn't into the very personal nature of the song. like sonic youth is not an outlet for you to voice whatever issues your going through and lee said thats the exactly what the band SHOULD be for. anyways, i think after a few weeks they all calmed down and genetic was made a b-side.

i hope that helps. you should read goodbye 20th centry, its really a really entertaining read. just keep near the toilet and after a few 2 or 3 hour pooping sessions you'll be done and have some pissed off roomates!
TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|