View Single Post
Old 02.24.2014, 05:39 PM   #17855
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
i think that once you truly understand nihilism you can view human affairs through a different lense. you can see beyond the need to believe or uphold any ideology whatsoever. i don't like using the word "freedom" because it has a lot of connotations in these times, but it is a sort of freedom.

also nihilism allows you to go beyond good and evil.

but i wonder what nihilism actually is? i mean, does it have a neurological coordinate? are nihilistic states of mind brought about by a specific neuro chemical/environmental state?

i found nihilism very powerful because there have been times when i adopted a totally nihilist perspective, and it helped me in business and life. i was finally able to accurately use information i ALREADY POSSESSED. like - that guy is not going to get his act together and get sober and be a good person. of course, beforehand i KNEW this yet it seemed i could not bring myself to properly realize it and factor it into my decisions. i could see peoples motives and make wise predictions on what they would do.

but of course, with this perspective comes the rational thought "well, why don't i just kill myself?" for a while I was able to sort of walk the tightrope avoiding this perspective.

i think nihilism might be a more accurate form of cognition, but we have an allergic reaction to it because it inevitably questions the point of pursuing our self interest at all. maybe its a kind of thinking that subtracts certain normal delusions that we have. maybe it allows us a perspective that is more in touch with the universe itself, because it allows us to factor in the uselessness of existence, and this seems to allow us a greater understanding of what existing things will actually do?
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|