View Single Post
Old 01.14.2017, 11:26 AM   #40
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Nothing on it was bad to me. But nothing stood out as a song I would have to hear again. I feel like after a song ended, I forgot what I just heard. Again not bad. But not memorable. A lot if felt samey.

Well, that makes you lame and stuff, you don't get it, it's all genius and you like Nine Inch Nails so how could you possibly understand, and all that.

(Psst... hey, it's me Severian. I'm just playing with ya, I don't really feel that way about you ... I'm still kinda trolling guest for being a bit of a snooty-pants, that's all. )

AAAAnyway, I respect your opinion, but I'm kinda getting the impression that you may have not listened to the whole album, or skipped songs based on how they started or something. Not a judgement, and if I'm wrong, tell me, but my own experience was so dissimilar that I'm wondering if something didn't prevent you from giving it much attention.

I've picked out a few spots for you to revisit. Revisit them! These are some of the moments that made me sway away the dentist yesterday so I could check my phone and take note of the song that was playing:

"Listening to Frogs With Demon Eyes" (4:30 onward... gets fucking good.)
"One Night While Hunting for Færies and Witches and Wizards to Kill" (2:00 onward... nice slow-build before that, but it gets pretty intense there in the last stretch)
"The Castle" (whole thing please)
"We a Family" (see above)

Tell ya what... schedule a really long and excruciatingly painful dentist appointment like I did. Take full advantage of all the drugs they are willing to give you (tell them you have Banner's Syndrome, which causes you to aggressively attack anyone who causes you any pain... not a real thing by the way -- just made it up based on The Hulk, but if dentists were smart they'd be actual doctors ), then suck in that gas, like I did, plug in them headphones and give it another go. Should only be a couple hundred dollars tops if you have insurance. Or... I guess you could just listen to the album more and spend zero dollars, but what fun is that?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|