View Single Post
Old 11.09.2009, 04:30 PM   #103
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by akprodr
What? How can you not like 'em? Unlike most of you likers, my favs are In Through the Out Door and Physical Graffiti. At the time, I was a Yes, PF, Genesis fan so ITTOD fit in rather well. Going back, PG is a standout.

And heck, I'll admit it, I like Now and Zen--mostly for its over the top bombasticisty. Principle of Moments is good too--got Phil Collins on it! Honeydrippers? eh. Alison Krause? eh.

Right on, In Through the Outdoor is great. A very modern sound in a good way to this day in 79-80'ish when it was recorded. Lots of Jonesy in that one. Apparently him and Plant wrote most of that. I LOVE Caroselambra (sp).

It would have been interesting to see what would have been next continuing in that formula if JB hand't died.

Edit: Forgot to mention the In the Evening lead..the way it breaks up like that, sounding like thunder and then gets all dreamy..

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|