View Single Post
Old 11.20.2008, 05:27 PM   #13
NWRA
children of satan

NWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
Lil Wayne surely to me is just a representation to how low expectations for Hip Hop have become. A rapper who talks about nothing other than pussy, money, sports, and drugs over mediocre party beats can be hailed as a genius, its just baffling. The guy has a mean flow, but he hasn't done anything inventive or boundary pushing, etc..

I've been trying to get into hiphop after not listening to any for years (when I used to be obsessed with it), so I thought I would check-out Lil Wayne and I'm baffled as to why he's so popular, especially with the Pitchfork crowd. It's a Stepford Wives moment when you wonder if the rest of the World (well, a number of Internet users) have been pre-programmed to adore Lil Wayne and only you have been left with an independent mind. His music seems indistinguishable from any Rap'n'bullshit that you see on music TV, the same party beats (as you say) and moronic lyrics (don't his fans feel embarrassed about that Lollipop song which copies 50 Cent's licking-candy-as-fellatio concept?). I've read so many articles about what an interesting character he is but all based on a few second-hand Flavor Flav-isms during his concerts.

I think the last hiphop album that I really enjoyed was The Shining (J Dilla). Then before that Amplified, even though Q-Tip's rhymes were disappointingly jiggy the beats made-up for it.
NWRA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|