View Single Post
Old 03.22.2014, 07:50 AM   #30
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you can't give me what's already mine, but i suppose that's an american idiom that eludes me

It is an American idiom. Hence it's rudeness and arrogance.

Quote:
that would be like saying "i like mystery in my novels, so i guess i don't want to know grammar"

Not really. Without basic grammar knowledge, lit is incoherent. Without basic music knowledge, rock, even experimental rock, still makes sense.

Quote:
sure, i can also tell you that beethoven hand-picked 60 grains of coffee to brew and drink before writing, or that bach was as genitally fecund as he was musically prolific, but we have better writing about what they contributed to the history of music, don't we?

Why choose? That bio stuff is fun, sometimes enlightening, and again, when it comes to classical music, someone needs to explain to me how, for example, Beethoven's counter-point works in the late string quartets.

By the way. last night I watched the very good 20 Feet From Stardom. I enjoyed the personal stories, I enjoyed learning how the craft of background singing has developed. But I'm not sure I'd read a 400 page book on the subject.

Quote:
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/a...on-the-killjoy

enjoy it, sucka.

(and of course i dare you to generationally place that writer without looking him up. it's an easy job, really)

Sorry. I read the first three paragraphs, then skimmed. That's a long article. Fugazi's sincerity ruined the DC scene? Is that what's going on? And I have no idea how old the writer could be. I sort of don't get what I was supposed to take from that vis a vis this thread.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|