View Single Post
Old 03.20.2014, 07:47 PM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
As for writings about the music itself, it's useful when it's about jazz or classical or some other genre where I could use some technical help. But rock?

greg saunier is a conservatory-trained percussionist. is it a waste for him to play rock? (okay, latter-day deerhoof has been poppy and unlistenable, but still).

what about rock covers of traditional folk/country music? even stuff like the white stripes jolene deserves an explanation. apparently the celtic roots of american country music are what makes it popular in some parts of the british isles.

then the other day i heard some kiddie band that was replicating echo and the bunnymen to the point of carbon copy. someone should be able to explain to the audience what is it that they are ripping off and what are those things called (rhythms, vocal inflections, instrumentation, melodic lines--what?).

or tell me for example what parts of the rolling stones liars channelled and what varied from them.

or why pelican never plays on classic rock radio when it clearly totally could.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|