Thread: Mix Tapes
View Single Post
Old 08.18.2006, 04:10 PM   #489
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
Afear not Glice, afear not. (er..?)

I have no idea what would make you think I have an taste for Eastern European music/culture/trash. None, tell me how you made this assumption?!

I love your tape. The songs flow together seamlessly, and some with seams. I'm not sure how others would have taken some of the tracks though, so you lucked out with me. The throat singing that starts off 'CODA' is intense. Is it Mongolian?

I'll have a longer review later, but you can make one mean mix tape.

The Laura Cantrell song made me miss the bees too.

Ah, my dear, dear Laura. I love her. She's the only musician to make me cry publically. Not in any malicious way, I should add, she just was playing some very heart-wrenching stuff.

Throat singing is Huun-Huur Tu, Tuvan, outer-Mongolia. There is a somewhat obscure track-listing on the (ahem) 'artwork', but if you're not looking at it and trying to guess, then hey! have a good time. Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|