Thread: Comusesque
View Single Post
Old 11.28.2006, 05:22 PM   #5
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Current 93 for sure.

Earth Covers Earth
Thunder Perfect Mind

Both completely essential, but they have done a lot of stuff in that vein.

The LP "Rats And Mice In The Loft" by Jan Dukes DeGrey is also a masterpiece of damaged-psyche frantic darkness and prog-folk excess. Really really great; almost taps the drama of Comus, and has really incredible musicianship.

Fresh Maggots are definitely a group to check out.

I recorded one song with a specific Comus slant/influence; I could hook you up with that...

Some more will spring to mind soon.
Comus is a huge favorite with me.

I've heard a song off of Black Ships Ate the Sky and I did enjoy it, though it was rather subdued if compared to some of Comus's work. I'll check out the albums you recommended though.
Also Jan Dukes de Grey and Fresh Maggots. It's sad that bands like these saw so little light (then again that adds to their mysteriousness) and were limited to so little album opportunities - except Current 93 whose discography is daunting.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|