View Single Post
Old 04.29.2009, 10:49 PM   #120
Johnny American
little trouble girl

Johnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Renfro
No, that would be way too rational for the internetz.

To Johnny: if you think Eternal is the worst album SY's ever done, fine. You at least gave some thought-out reasons for that, even if I disagree with your opinion. But did it actually "break your heart," or are you just being overly dramatic to be an attention whore? Because it's just music, man. It's entertainment, not life and death. If you enjoy the tunes, listen to them; don't listen to the tunes that don't bring you enjoyment. If it truly broke your heart, you might need to just take a step back and lay off SY (and all music perhaps) for a while. Maybe read some books, maybe watch the complete Twin Peaks over the course of a month...something to get your mind off it for a while.

I could have said "The Eternal sucks, you guys" or something dumb like that and still gotten the same amount of attention/antipathy towards what I said. I do not think that music/art should be reduced with the qualifier "just" or "only." Art or entertainment or music may not be a matter of "life and death" but it most certainly is a matter of (and one of the best parts of) life, for me, right up there with, you know, friends, warm weather and babies or whatever. Don't you get the fun of being a fan of something? It's caring irrationally about something that gives you pleasure! In this case, it's caring irrationally that a generally infallible musical outfit let me way the hell down; expressing utter disappointment and even shock is any fan's right. You know, like the old cry of "sell out!" replaced with a more rare "Sudden incompetence? WTF?!" Is this really that hard for everybody to understand?
Johnny American is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|