View Single Post
Old 04.29.2009, 05:09 PM   #111
harlock_jds
little trouble girl

harlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny American
I don't know what exactly is Phish-y/jam band-y about the ATL through now stuff except for "Hits of Sunshine," which I thought was about as boring as they could get until this album. If anything, the Jim O'Rourke albums had elements of classic rock, not jam band music.

that's just the feeling i got from Murray street to RR.. more kinda middle age jammy vibe (perhaps classic rock is a better way to put it i don't know). This album is certanly a break from tht rut and i'm glad for it as long as it isn't just another rut they fall into.

Just about the only albums i don't like are ATL (i actively hate that album actually it's an abortion) and EJSTNS (it seemed the bad went out of it's way to make an album that would drive away fans of Dirty).

Again i agree it is sonic youth ripping themselves off... it's just that i don't mind that. I have friends that have compleatly stopped liking them from the late 90's on and i really want to get their reaction to this.
harlock_jds is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|