View Single Post
Old 10.02.2007, 10:29 AM   #74
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
I'm sick of it. No what you expected to hear? Well, a week ago, and for the past, oh I don't know, 2 years maybe, I never would have expected to say it. But it all sounds the same. I'm the type of person who is constantly looking for something new in music, and noise doesn't provide. I won't say there is no skill involved, because that will start flames like none other on this board, but even the biggest noise "musicians" have to admit there isn't much skill involved. It serves the purpose of clearing the mental pallet, and maybe breaking the usual brain paths you form so as to keep you open to new stuff, but on a musical level, I'm just tired of it. Make some music for god's sake, not just noise. I had this revelation while listening to Robert Ashley's Wolfman Tapes. Yes, the same album I myself uploaded to the board no longer than a week ago I believe, and with great enthusiasm I might add. While I had heard it before and thought I enjoyed it, all I could think was "What in the world is this crap?" I mean, let's look at it for what it is. It's a guy who is praised for doing nothing but making noise. Seriously, stop with the pretentiousness and take off the hipster glasses and see it for what it is. IT IS NOT MUSIC. IT IS NOISE.

Some of it is shit. I agree. However, bands like Yellow Swans certainly don't do the same shit every release and they're one of the greatest bands around today. Don't judge a genre by the shit they produce. Judge it by the beautiful releases they put out.

Bring the Neon War Home is one of my all-time favorite records.