View Single Post
Old 10.02.2007, 09:54 AM   #68
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
1) i gave the most famous examples of harsh noise there which happens to be by pioneers of the sound which are japanese. and yes, they are some of the best noisers ever, but it's not the end all be all of noise. i could definitely say lasse marhaug (although his stuff is all over the place) or perhaps leslie keffer, fe-mail or metek.

2) yes, but that's sonic youth and we're discussing noise, not them. i totally agree on this point, though.

3) you misinterpreted the "most people begin listening to..." thing i typed, i meant "most people WHO GET INTO NOISE begin listening to dissonant rock or free jazz...". of course it's not a rule.

1,2,3. Let's Go!!!!!

1 - Sure, there are certainly other noise merchants out there that don't happen to be Japanese ( NON was mentioned on this thread and me and you seem to share a fondness for Pita, to name a couple of the good ones), but the Japanese have an amazing arsenal of artists in that field that put a lot of the others to shame. They also tend to use imagery that gels well with all the crazy racket.

2 - I've just thrown that comment in before someone was going to mention the omnipresent ones like it happens often on noise threads.

3 - Ok, I must have mis-read as it was the other way round. My bad.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|