View Single Post
Old 02.10.2016, 04:12 PM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
What that is, is code for their inability to use nukes. They really wanted to drop a couple of nukes in Vietnam. The story goes Nixon looked out over the White House lawn and saw a million protestors during a huge march and it impressed him enough so he did not use nukes in Vietnam. I think I heard Daniel Ellsberg tell that story.

some people think First Blood was the source of the story of hippies spitting on returning soldiers - it probably happened in isolated incidents, but not in any organized systematic fashion, as the divisive right wing would like everyone to believe. What did happen in a systematic organized fashion was the brutal oppression against young people in the United States. Rambo would have just been another example of this at the hands of the thug police, but he kicked their ass.

Plus the movie features Chris Mulkey, David Caruso and Michael Talbott (from Miami Vice).

I see you have taken the glass half full about Rambo. I totally disagree. Its not about making Rambo look like one of those poor abused Vietnam soldiers even if it does touch on it. Like i said, overall its a Hawkish movie that criticizes not war in general but the Vietnam War in particular but from a Hawkish perspective that the War effort wasn't gnarly enough. Indeed that Rambo was able to kick all that ass was implying that of the military had went all out it could have "won" in Vietnam. The movie aggrandizes war and the warrior, it is essentially Reagan's response to the world instead of Carter's

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|