View Single Post
Old 05.25.2010, 12:10 PM   #13
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Crystal was such a good album. The weird bass, the weird guitar playing, and some of the songs were downright epic. I liked the band a lot because they basically took the best elements of no wave and condensed it, purified it in this nice little catchy form. Could've been really annoying, like the similiar-minded SICK LIPSTICK, but is actually quite briliant.

You've heard Bride of No No right? Amazing band, we're talking 10 minute no wave/progressive epics. Weird bent distorted no wave riffs that make Polvo look silly, with harmony vocals, and time changes galore. Done in an intentionally sloppy, gross manner. Brilliant. All the members except the singer were mysterious, identities never revealed, though they were billed as a super group, and the members were far too talented to just be any nameless jerks. I think one album was recorded by Steve Albini and one by Jim O'Rourke, if memory serves me correctly.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|