View Single Post
Old 03.16.2018, 08:48 AM   #153
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
when Liz started to properly eat all kinds of shit (like, WOW, what a fall-off that was). But that detracts not at all from Guyville. Shouldn’t anyway.

Haha, so true. I really like Guyville a lot. Classic album, really. But she really did go to shit. I remember seeing her live in 2003 and seriously pitying her for how bad it was. It was just her as an opening act solo with guitar and no band, so that contributed a bit, but her songs at that time did not translate at all in that form. She totally just sucked the energy right out of the room. Very vivid memory that made a strong impression, sadly for how bad it just really was. I have not paid attention to her since.

I also had sort of slipped mentally on the new Yo La Tengo album. Excited to go check that out today. Also did not realize STP were doing a new one. While they have an odd history for sure with singers, I actually always sort of liked them as a band. Maybe just a guilty nostalgic pleasure from high-school, but still. Certainly will go check that out too.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|