View Single Post
Old 03.14.2013, 07:27 AM   #2620
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
It was a bad performance but all teams have them, look at Barca's first leg against Milan. And at least Bayern had the excuse that they'd effectively already beaten Arsenal in the first match, so could afford to cruise a bit. They have the quality but it's how they bounce back from such a poor display.

Tomorrow's quarter final draw will be fascinating. I just hope it keeps Bayern and Barca apart so they can hopefully meet in the final. I still think they're the two best sides in the competition, regardless of the blips we've seen from both of them. I really want this final to be a proper contest between the two best sides in Europe (and by logical extension, arguably the world). That never happened last year with Chelsea winning it and ended up proving nothing and, while no single game can entirely prove anything, a Barca v Bayern final will be about as close to conclusive as it gets.

And just out of interest, as you know far more about Bayern than I do, I'm wondering how many of their players you think would get into the current Barca first 11. Neuer in goal and Lahm in defence, for sure, but player for player could you see any others, given the calibre of talent they'd be ousting? Schweinsteiger for Xavi? No way. Ribery for Iniesta? Nope. Gomez for Messi? Haha. But are they even the right pairings?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|