View Single Post
Old 09.09.2010, 09:19 PM   #52
ModCop
empty page

ModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's assesModCop kicks all y'all's asses
I can't think of a more boring and dulling film to watch than Goodfella's. Perhaps its popularity lies in its nurturing particular get rich quick playing by your own rules fantasies that are particular to a certain type of American mindset. That's all well and good for the average prole I guess, it turned out well in the end for Ray Liotta's character, he settled down to a quiet surburban life as if the mafia scenes were all just a dream. Back to normality after having an adventure. Quite childish really, but I don't think the average American could have tolerated seeing the really ugly side to "business". They get this sanitised fantasy version and lap it up, proclaiming the director as a "genius" and a "visionary" because they appreciate someone who knows just how far they are prepared to look at reality. Taxi Driver I also found to be mediocre and much over hyped. The character is lonely and "alienated", even from himself, making it into a female murder mystery is a cop out. Gangs of New York is also forgettable.

Now back to Shutter Island, hopefully people can give me a more reasoned explanation of what their particular problem with it was.
ModCop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|