View Single Post
Old 01.08.2017, 05:05 PM   #61
Blood_Promise
bad moon rising

Blood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's assesBlood_Promise kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
An old thread but this just has to be said..

Beck

Enjoyed the odd song way back when and was never a big fan or owt. But stone the fucking crows this guy has surely threw his hat into the ring for the crown of biggest cunting sell out ever. The fact his music makes EA's Fifa videogame soundtrack now should tell you everything really.

On a grammatical note: idioms yea!
I have to agree. And I greatly admired Beck.
"I remember when I was 20 and thinking about all the amazing musicians who come out and do a few great things, and then something happens," Beck says. "It's like they go through a door of success and it changes them. The thing I wondered was whether they just burn out or do they get distracted by the success? My dream was to go through that door and still do interesting things."

then he goes off to play on stage with Coldplay or Taylor Swift, who characterizes everything that is wrong with the show business, take for example the following quote:
"Well, my huge dream in this whole thing, which I was told many times was an unrealistic… I was told many times to keep my expectations in check, so I did. But the ultimate dream was, ‘Can we ring that bell? Can we get a million; can we do this for the third time?’ Because we were all very well aware that if we sold a million records this time, it would be the only time in history that someone had done that three times. That was the most insane thing, when we got the first hint that we might end up actually getting to do it. And then my second biggest hope was, ‘Hey, wouldn’t it be insane if we topped what we did with Red?’ And then the fans ended up making that happen, so it’s been just kind of like a dream scenario all the way around. And I just feel so lucky that people seem to understand what I was doing with this album and loved the new direction of it." - Taylor Swift

Compare the dreams.

As Beck sings in that horrendous "anthem" song Dreams, "stop fucking with my dreams yeah".

I'd much rather hear the whole EVOL that Beck has recorded ages ago, instead of this FIFA garbage. Even before that Grammy winning snoozefest Morning Phase, Beck had released some mildly interesting songs, for instance Gimme (especially the extended one). All the songs I've heard from the upcoming "upbeat" album wanes in comparison to it.

The most hilarious thing is that there are people claiming that Beck is returning to Midnite Vultures form with atrocities like "Wow".
Blood_Promise is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|