View Single Post
Old 01.18.2008, 11:42 AM   #96
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
There is no such thing as the supernatural, as a term, it is a misnomer. All is natural. All comes from God, which is Eternity. And Eternity is a concept that humans cannot ever decipher because we are finite beings in this state confined by Time.

Again, Rob, you've managed to miss the point entirely. Your argument stems from an objection to the abuses of religion via people with bad wills, not God.

what I am trying to tell you is that if YOU decide to define "god" as Eternity, Infinity, EVERYTHING, then you are not defining a creator god deity at all. you are just naming the whole of existance as GOD. Do you dig? that is NOT the "god" of ANY religion. That is deism, which even the so called "good" religious people would have had you killed or at least excommunicated, as being a HERETIC!
while humans cannot "decipher" eternity, as you put it, we are definitely more than capable of understanding it, defining it, and exploring it's implications. we are HUMANS. as far as we know, we created the concept of eternity.